Re: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

Hamster wrote:
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:12:32 -0500
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

I tried to kindly explain to him that if they developed
to the standard it would require minimal overhead to get it working
perfectly in the majors (IE, Moz, Firefox, Safari).  He disagreed.

Technically he's correct - IE ignores so many of the standards, that if
you author to the standards, it will work in everything *except* IE.

Stupid, useless POS software that it is. Stupid useless webdesigners
with absolutely no clue.

*sigh*

H.

I have converted most of my clients to Firefox now, Thats over 200 desktops.. And I only downloaded Firefox once to do it.. so I wonder how many people really are using Firefox now, cos I bet there are other IT people doing it also.

They are under strict instructions to use IE only if a site is incapable fo working in Firefox.. (I installed the IEview extension so they can just right click on pages that don't work and select "open in IE")

I also wrote to the bank, National Australia back NAB and told them that even though their page said that clients in Firefox should upgrade to netscape or IE, it worked flawlessly in firefox if they continued anyway. They wrote back and said they were already planning to add Firefox to the "accepted" list at the next upgrade period.

Let banks know when their site isn't acceptable, sometimes they do listen and they always listen if enough people ask.

rgds

Franki