Re: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Kadmos wrote:

Could you please enlighten us as to which bank that was? (and if you can rememeber which user groups it was on is also appreciated)

Sure. The bank was Suncorp-Metway. I only read about it on HUMBUG (http://www.humbug.org.au) but heard that other groups had similar threads. I gather there must have been a significant reaction for the bank the "clarify" the matter so quickly.

The original thread on the HUMBUG General list can be found with this subject line:

"Anti-unix changes in Suncorp-Metway's updated banking"

The thread starts here:

http://archive.humbug.org.au/humbug-general/2005-01/msg00018.html

Re-reading, I stand corrected - Netscape 6.1 was included as authorized software but none of its close relatives were mentioned.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.