Re: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:40:09 -0500
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

> > Technically he's correct - IE ignores so many of the standards, that
> > if you author to the standards, it will work in everything *except*
> > IE.

> Sorry, but that is not correct.  I happen to loathe MS and IE.
> However, my website is coded to be valid XHTML 1.0 and CSS, and
> *after* I had it validated it only took me all of 15 minutes to go
> back and make it so that it worked nearly perfect in IE, Dillo, lynx
> and elinks (without breaking the validation and without checking for
> and discriminating User-Agent strings).

Yes, but if you try to use javascript that conforms completely to the
ECMA standard, and avoid all netscape/ie specific methods, it will not
work in IE.

And the whole point of standards is that you shouldn't have to do
"clever things" to get standards compliant software to work with it!

I'm also curious which version of CSS you validate to. IE support for
CSS2 is the worst of just about all browsers. It will not render stuff
correctly.

 H.