Re: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

Hamster wrote:
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:12:32 -0500
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

I tried to kindly explain to him that if they developed
to the standard it would require minimal overhead to get it working
perfectly in the majors (IE, Moz, Firefox, Safari).  He disagreed.

Technically he's correct - IE ignores so many of the standards, that if
you author to the standards, it will work in everything *except* IE.

Stupid, useless POS software that it is. Stupid useless webdesigners
with absolutely no clue.

Sorry, but that is not correct.  I happen to loathe MS and IE.  However,
my website is coded to be valid XHTML 1.0 and CSS, and *after* I had it
validated it only took me all of 15 minutes to go back and make it so
that it worked nearly perfect in IE, Dillo, lynx and elinks (without
breaking the validation and without checking for and discriminating
User-Agent strings).

The fact is, if you code to the standard, it is not hard (as long you
do not do extremely clever things) to make the page work and look good
in all browsers.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez