Re: (OT) Re: GNOME is f*cked seven ways from Sunday

* Rich Rudnick <nickrud@verizon.net> [2005 Feb 10 18:00 -0600]:

> Actually, I kinda like it: CTRL-l for the command line (try pressing the
> period as soon as it opens, if you're starting from your home; right
> mouse click for hiding/showing hidden files.

Thanks for the good info.  I was totally unaware of that functionality.
I guess this points up another issue.  Like most users I don't read the
changelog or release notes of every app that gets updated (if I did, I
wouldn't get anything done).  So this new version of GTK+ comes along
and makes some fundamental changes in the UI, but I think it's too much
to ask of the average user to keep up with changes in a UI toolkit.
However, I'm hardheaded enough to gripe about it in an open forum and get
a useful reply.

Perhaps this is better for the newbies as they won't get confused with
the list of "hidden" directories/files.  Somewhere this needs to be
documented (perhaps in the dialog).  I even thought I tried
right-clicking, but maybe I was in the wrong place.

Thanks again.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of