Re: (OT) Re: GNOME is f*cked seven ways from Sunday

* Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> [2005 Feb 09 11:02 -0600]:

> But for one feature alone, I'd give KDE the preference over GTK/GNOME anytime:
> the file chooser dialogue and how it came to pass. For eons now, GNOME has
> tried to build Their Own Thing, with more than questionable results. It is --
> IMO -- a display of the general ignorance and arrogance of the development
> team and community which had just one of its many high-points in this
> article:

You can say that again!  The latest GTK file chooser used by the later
Firefox nightlies and The Gimp 2.2  is pure junk.  No command line in
sight and no way to specify hidden directories.  What deranged sadists
came up with this crap?

Maybe I need to RYAFM, but to fundamentally change the file chooser to
something not this messed up since I started using GTK apps seven or
more years ago is insane.

Was this nonsense focus grouped?

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.