Win2k theme for KDE (was Re: Fisher-Price, err, KDE (was Re: (OT) Re: ...))

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 07:30 -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Nicos Gollan wrote:
> > On Thursday February 10 2005 04:24, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >
> >>I'd really like to use KDE again (I used it up until v2.2.1, and
> >>when I moved to Debian, it was broken), and have tested it occasion-
> >>ally, but, *IMO*, it looks like it was designed by Fisher-Price.
> >

> > I second that. The KDE themes (like most things that run for theme today) are
> > way too "fluffy", with rounded corners, gradients and highlights everywhere
> > and stuff. What I'd really like is something resembling parts of the Windows
> > XP design (*not* window decorations!), like menus which are nicely designed
> > with an offset border for the icons and a high-contrast selection marker. It
> > really pays to have fulltime designers sometimes, even if they're coming up
> > with Luna every once in a while. And mark my words, Luna is an Abomination
> > unto Nuggan.
> >
> KDE (as is GNOME) is trying to push into the main stream.  Since the
> vast majority of users today have previous Windows experience, they
> mostly want something that is familiar (i.e., like Windows).  Besides,
> there are alternative themes, or you can design your own.

I like the Win2k "theme".  The boring theme that I described in
the GP reminds me of Win2k.  And, I dread the day that I have to
"upgrade" to XP.

So, is there a Win2k theme for us boring die-hards?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

If you go into a drug store that has it's own brand of Vodka, you
just may be in Louisiana...