Re: Fisher-Price, err, KDE (was Re: (OT) Re: GNOME is f*cked seven ways from Sunday)

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 21:24, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Are any of the themes less bright?  To my tastes, the boring blue/
> grey and grey GNOME Default Theme and Crux window borders are the
> perfect neutral, fade into the background colors that don't get in
> the way of the important stuff.

Note that you select the themes are colors separately.  Go into the KDE
Control Center, select Appearance & Themes, then Window Decoration.  Choose
"Plastik".  Now go to the Style section and select "Plastik" again.
Finally, go to the Colors section and pick a color scheme that's close to
the level of contrast you want.  You can hand-edit particular colors in the
"Widget Color" area, and even same your scheme under a custom name so that
it'll survive across future upgrades.
--
Kirk Strauser