Font question

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but without a beginner’s list I’m feeling like this is the right place.

I’m running Debian unstable and I want to add some fonts, specifically I’d like to find a package of precollected typical TrueType fonts like Times New Roman and the such.

Every HOW-TO I run into on the topic either addresses Fedora, or was written in or before 2000.

Can anyone point me towards either an apt-get installable package, or a current set of instructions for how this works?