Re: Font question

Rob Brenart (TT)(Rob.Brenart@tradingtechnologies.com) is reported to have said:
> Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but without a beginner's list
> I'm feeling like this is the right place.

Not "a ridiculous question", just a newbe one.

do
man apt
and read about apt-cache.

> I'm running Debian unstable and I want to add some fonts, specifically
> I'd like to find a package of precollected typical TrueType fonts like
> Times New Roman and the such.

Give apt-cache a try

apt-cache search truetype for a large selection.

> Can anyone point me towards either an apt-get installable package, or a
> current set of instructions for how this works?

I would suggest
apt-get install msttcorefonts

Which is the Installer for Microsoft TrueType core fonts.

HTH=Hope This Helps, YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary, HAND=Have A Nice Day

WT
--
DOS Tip #1: Add DEVICE=FNGRCROS.SYS to CONFIG.SYS