Re: Font question

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 14:51 -0600, Rob Brenart (TT) wrote:
> Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but without a beginner’s list
> I’m feeling like this is the right place.
>

> I’m running Debian unstable and I want to add some fonts, specifically
> I’d like to find a package of precollected typical TrueType fonts like
> Times New Roman and the such.
>

> Every HOW-TO I run into on the topic either addresses Fedora, or was
> written in or before 2000.

Isn't that a PITA?

> Can anyone point me towards either an apt-get installable package, or
> a current set of instructions for how this works?

Install package msttcorefonts.

  $ apt-cache search Microsoft TrueType
  openoffice.org - high-quality office productivity suite
  msttcorefonts - Installer for Microsoft TrueType core fonts

This will also show you a huge list of ttf packages:
  $ apt-cache search ttf | sort | less

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I tried to
ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage the plane."
RICHARD REID, tried to blow up American Airlines Flight 63