Re: IMAP server settings [WAS: Re: stupid question about setting my debian system and email]

OSS wrote:
Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
If I set thunderbird to copy to the "Sent" folder, it hangs on the
"copying to sent messages folder" dialog.  Also, cyrus uses its own
mailbox setup.  I.e., not mbox or maildir.

Roberto,
Is this consistent across all accounts or just yours? Does the problem
occur with other mail clients or just Thunderbird?

Mine is the only account, so I can't provide anymore information there.
Thunderbird is the only one.  I have successfully used GNUMail.app and
Horde and IMP (webmail application running on the server) and neither
has a problem saving sent mail.

I have done lots of searching on this particular topic.  All of the
advice that I have seen relates to lowering the number of connections
that Thunderbird asks for.  Since that did not work in my case, I
thought the cause could be server related.

I am anxious for Sarge to go stable since it has cyrus21, which
will hopefully be easier to work with.  (The older version of
cyrus in Woody was a royal pain as it is out of date and there
is almost no documentation for it on the web.)

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr