Re: IMAP server settings [WAS: Re: stupid question about setting my debian system and email]

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

OSS wrote:

Be aware if you have any Thunderbird clients the Courier .deb needs the
MAXIPPER changed. Usually Thunderbird wants 5 connections per IP, the
Courier .deb defaults to a max of 2 per IP. Thunderbird has a bug and
cannot deal with a server that properly refuses to supply as many
connections per IP as Thunderbird wants. It is likely safe to raise the
MAXIPPER quite high (the limit is for a potential DOS attack).

Incidentally, does anyone know how to change the corresponding setting
for the Cyrus IMAP server?  I run cyrus on my server and am unable to
have Thunderbird save sent messages (especially if I sing them or send
more than one per session).  I have tried setting the number of
connections lower in the Thunderbird "advanced server settings."
However, it has not worked.  I am thinking that telling cyrus to accept
more connections will solve it, but I have yet been unable to to find
a reference for it.

-Roberto

Roberto,
The problem you report is differnt than the symptoms of Thunderbird's connection problem. I do not know if Cyrus has this setting. However, if you set Thunderbird's max to 1 you can be sure Cyrus' connections will be >= to 1. Check your permisions on the Send directory (if you use maildir) or equivalent if you don't.
Thunderbird will work fine with 1.

Dave