Re: IMAP server settings [WAS: Re: stupid question about setting my debian system and email]

OSS wrote:
Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
Incidentally, does anyone know how to change the corresponding setting
for the Cyrus IMAP server?  I run cyrus on my server and am unable to
have Thunderbird save sent messages (especially if I sing them or send
more than one per session).  I have tried setting the number of
connections lower in the Thunderbird "advanced server settings."
However, it has not worked.  I am thinking that telling cyrus to accept
more connections will solve it, but I have yet been unable to to find
a reference for it.

-Roberto

Roberto,
The problem you report is differnt than the symptoms of Thunderbird's
connection problem.
I do not know if Cyrus has this setting. However, if you set
Thunderbird's max to 1 you can be sure Cyrus' connections will be >= to
1. Check your permisions on  the Send directory (if you use maildir) or
equivalent if you don't.
Thunderbird will work fine with 1.

That was not it :-(

If I set thunderbird to copy to the "Sent" folder, it hangs on the
"copying to sent messages folder" dialog.  Also, cyrus uses its own
mailbox setup.  I.e., not mbox or maildir.

Thanks,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez