Re: kernel? 2.4.x vs 2.6.x

On Sunday January 30 2005 11:34, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Also, I have read reports that 2.6 does not play well with Samba.
> Intermittent file corruptions.  Since this box will be a file
> server, this would be something to google/investigate further.

The kernel not handling Samba well should not have an impact on *server*
performance (other than, say, network or disk performance) since the Samba
server is a userspace program. The only part where the kernel makes a
difference should be the client side since it's the kernel that's responsible
for integrating a remote filesystem.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de