Re: Kernel Upgrade?

Thanks very much for the info.  I'll have a mooch around the directories
and commands you have provided and see where I get.

My /lib/modules contains the lone entry 2.2.20-compact and /boot contains
vmlinuz-2.2.20-compact.  the disc from which I installed has the words
debian GNU/Linux 3.0r2 printed on it.

The word lilo appears when booting, but I've never played with lilo.
Looks as if I'm about to start now...

Anyway, thanks all and I'll see where this goes.

Regards,
--
Max

Holy Mary, pray for us now and in the hour of our deaths :-)%%