Re: Adding Keyboard Shortcuts Gnome2

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 16:45, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> 0) the bindings should take affect immediately after adding them.

This was what I was expecting.. but did not happen.. yet.. ;)

> 1) make sure sawfish is running and not metacity. (appease the skeptic
> in all of us)

running 'ps xa | grep sawfish' returns the running sawfish process.
running 'ps xa | grep metacity' returns nothing.

> 2) when you are running sawfish-ui and it asks you to 'press key...'
> does the key combination show up in the text box?
> run 'xev' to make sure your key codes and things are showing up in X as
> you expect.

Blech, so it had keybidnings of A-F1, A-C-t... and really when I used
grab it was grabing M-F1, M-C-t... Grrr.. I suppose when it copied my
old configuration from gnome 1.4 it just took everything verbatum.
Thanks for the help, I should have figured this one out myself.

> 3) make really easy test cases, like "ctr + alt + x" be a binding for
> toggle maximize.

Thanks again for all your help with this.

--
 o)      Derek Wueppelmann                 (o
(D .       monkey@monkeynet.ca              D).