Re: Setting up very restricted accounts

Ron Johnson wrote:

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 11:13 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
My Debian machine has a dual boot setup with GRUB.

It boots by default Debian but GRUB also has a choice at the bottom for XP.

XP is there mostly for my children games.

I would like to setup things so that in case they poweron the machine and do not select XP in time and end up at the GDM screen, their userid and password will just reboot the machine (they are both used to typing their userid and password even the 5 yr old :->).

What is the simplest way to do so or any pointers to doc ?

Disable the Evil GDM, so that they see the console.  then put
"exit 0" in their ~/.bashrc files.

Or if you want to leave GDM, put "exit 0" in their ~/.xinitrc files (I'm not sure this will work, but I'd try it).

--
Kent