Re: Problem: Setting up a Samba based printer in Sarge

Xinjiang Lu wrote:

Specify the hostname, workgroup and printer share name. Don't have to scan for printers.

It onced worked in my sarge box though I found kprinter could scan correctly again after a recent update.

Thanks, this worked. As did the other solution someone on IRC suggested of using the CUPS Web interface to configure the printer.

One side issue I found was that the CUPS Web interface doesn't seem to know about as many printer makes/models in it's list. My Samsung printer was missing from there even though it was in the list provided by kprinter. Is there a way to make the CUPS Web interface know about all the printer models that kprinter knows about?

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin@tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

 Banging your head against the wall uses 120 calories an hour