Problem: Setting up a Samba based printer in Sarge

My LAN is mixed Linux/Windoze and one of the printers is on a Windows box.

From my Debian Woody KDE desktop I can use SAMBA to access this printer okay.

I have just installed sarge on my laptop, when I try to add the printer from KDE's print manager dialog I am unable to browse the workgroup. Clicking on the "scan" button brings up "WORKGROUP" but when I click the "+" symbol to expand the tree it sits for a while and then gives up - no view of the available shares.

Typing "smbclient -L <hostname>" at a command prompt displays the available shares for the host (including the printer) so I'm assuming that Samba is working correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin@tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

 Banging your head against the wall uses 120 calories an hour