Re: mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

Ioana Glitia wrote:

Kent West wrote:

Perhaps you need to "modprobe floppy"?

Thank you for your help. I tried that, but I still get errors like that, or like, right after I did the modprobe floppy, I got an error like
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 36
floppy0: disk absent or changed during operation
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 38
floppy0: disk absent or changed during operation
and so on until 94 and then it said
attempt to access beyond end of device
02:00: rw=0, want=33, limit=4
attempt to access beyond end of device
02:00: rw=0, want=34, limit=4
so on until want=36 and then it said
/dev/fd0: Input/output error
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 0
mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

This "feels" like a hardware problem. The floppy drive worked before the kernel upgrade?

Can you still boot into your old kernel? If so, does the floppy work there?

--
Kent