Re: Galeon Problems

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:20:43 +0100
"Tim T." <tim.timmerman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:42:15 -0500 (EST), Faithful John
> <whureu@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> > > info.
> I reported the same problem a couple of days ago.
<snip>
> Only problem is that my local build keeps getting upgraded by the
> b0rken package
> on the debian mirror; haven't found a good solution for that.

Bump the version number up with a -1 or something on the end in the
changelog before you compile and then you won't have that problem. It
does a nice job of waiting for a new version to hit the mirrors before
it upgrades galeon for you and you don't have to worry about putting a
package on hold and then taking it off when a new release comes.

HTH,
Jacob