Re: devices vaporise ? sda*

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:10:09 +0100, Ron Johnson wrote:

>> Why [...] do you think Sarge is "testing", and not "stable"?

Because it is (testing). SID is fine to break. udev is highly appreciated.
The saying is that bleeding edge is kept out of Sarge. As we have noticed,
udev - in its current version - tends to break just as it mends; worse:
unexpectedly.
I was trying to gather some points of view before filing a bug. Maybe I /
we were using it the wrong way ? With wrong expectations or intentions ?
Afterwards I wanted to file a bug. Yes; it should not break stuff like
that; but maybe that's just my 2 sen ??

Uwe