Re: devices vaporise ? sda*

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 23:48 +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:00:19 +0100, Hamster wrote:
>
> > So yes, my GUI "disappeared" too.
> >
> > And until I fully understand what udev does and why it seems to stop so
> > many things from working, it's going to remain uninstalled.
>
> I even wonder how this crap has passed Debian quality control and made it
> into Sarge.

Why the fsck do you think Sarge is "testing", and not "stable"?

> No, I don't consider udev 'crap'; but when
> "Conflicts: udev (<= 0.024-7)" is given for makedev, I guess this is
> wrong.
> A utility that installs like nothing and throws out stuff like ppp_generic
> once and for all; kills NVIDIA (also the Debian-supplied one ??) should
> simply not install like nothing. It should come with a pop-up asking for
> the driver's licence.

Have you filed a bug against udev or nvidia-glx?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"People had to leave everything, from photos of their
grandparents to cars. Their clothes, cash and passports has been
changed by state authorities. This is incredible, people lived,
had homes, country houses, garages, motorcyles, cars, money,
friends and relatives, people had their life, each in own niche
and then in a matter of hours this world fall in pieces and
everything goes to dogs and after few hours trip with some army
vehicle one stands under some shower, washing away radiation and
then step in a new life, naked with no home, no friends, no
money, no past and with very doubtful future."
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/page14.html