Re: CD burner not working with kernel 2.6

Anthony Roberts(anthony-spamtrap@shaw.ca) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
>
> >I hardly ever use that but when he ignored the error prompt
> >"For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'" I got kind of
> >fed up.
> >
> >I'm not embarassed if it helped him find his problem.
> >

> To be fair, I did ignore the error prompt and I deserved a "RTFM". I
> don't think
> you were being unreasonable. I think you were trying to eliminate the
> obvious
> misconfiguration errors, which is a reasonable strategy for a list like
> this.

That was my qoal.

> This is
> the first time I've seen Linux fail to use a CD drive as well.
>
> In my deffense, I was frustrated because the kernel was telling me
> "device not
> supported, ignored". I was positive cdrecord wouldn't be producing any
> useful diagnostics because no device files existed for the CD drive,
> period. It's
> not like cdrecord can find a device that 'ls /dev' cannot, no matter
> what arguments
> you give it. As a result, I was pretty rushed in the commands I typed
> for posting
> here.
>
> It turns out I was right, but I should have done better with my posts. I
> apologize
> for that.

I know it is frustrating when your knee deep in mud and trying to get
out but the more info you give the better it is for someone to help.
I've been there as well so no need to apologize.

Now for the question.  Did you find what the problem was _and_ what
was the solution?  Just so others might benifit.

WT
--
The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much.