Re: CD burner not working with kernel 2.6

Anthony Roberts(anthony-spamtrap@shaw.ca) is reported to have said:
> I'm using kernel-image-2.6.8-1-686-smp provided by Debian.
>
> The burner and only optical drive (LG GCE-8320B) doesn't work. The only
> hard drive is a Seagate ST380013AS. The motherboard is a Gigabyte
> GA-8IG1000MK.

What is the burn command that didn't work, with its error message?

What does cdrecord -scanbus return?

When you moved from 2.4.x, which used IDESCSI, to 2.6.x did you remove
ide-scsi and replace it with recommended ide-cd instead?

WT

--
"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the
usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody