Aptitude in a loop - solved by reinstall. Bug?

Aptitude decided to install zope 2.7, I'm not sure why. After that I
couldn't get rid of it. The dependency list seemed to be circular:
zope2.7 depended on other zope debs and so on back to zope2.7. So I let
it install everything and then purged it via apt-get. This succeeded but
when I started aptitude again it once more wanted to install all the
zope stuff.

I tried aptitude clean but this did not help. Finally, I purged aptitude
and reinstalled it with apt-get. It now seems to be working properly.
I'm not sure what happened here: bug in aptitude, or zope2.7. or what?

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic