Re: Sound problem.

Richard Kemp wrote:

Andreas Janssen wrote:

Hello

Richard Kemp (<rkemp@ghs.fr>) wrote:

I've the same but more odd problem.
I've sound whith totem or other video soft but not with xmms and
alsaconf doesn't find any soundcard :/

What outplug plugin does xmms use? Maybe you need to switch to the ALSA
output plugin, or activate the alsa oss emulation layer (the drivers
should be loaded automatically, but maybe you need to install
alsa-oss). Also make sure the OSS driver has not been loaded.

I installed alsa-oss package but ... I must load something after ?
I never configured xmms, It worked before without ... sorry ... now I does and It seems work fine and play music but .... I hear no sound ... :/

I tested all outplug of xmms :
OSS ... doesn't work
ALSA ... doesn't work
eSound .... work ..

why eSound works and alsa doesn't and what it is ?