Re: Sound problem.

Hello

Richard Kemp (<rkemp@ghs.fr>) wrote:

> I've the same but more odd problem.
> I've sound whith totem or other video soft but not with xmms and
> alsaconf doesn't find any soundcard :/

What outplug plugin does xmms use? Maybe you need to switch to the ALSA
output plugin, or activate the alsa oss emulation layer (the drivers
should be loaded automatically, but maybe you need to install
alsa-oss). Also make sure the OSS driver has not been loaded.

> I use a 2.6.9 kernel with include sound driver (I also tried with them
> in modules but no more result ...)

Self-compiled, or Debian kernel? Does it work with one if the Debian
kernel packages? Which version of Debian do you use?

> My motherboard is an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
>
> $ lspci
> 0000:00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce
> MultiMedia audio [Via VT82C686B] (rev a2)
> 0000:00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2
> AC97 Audio Controler (MCP) (rev a1)
> [...]
> $ cat /var/log/dmesg
> [...]
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.6 (Sun Aug 15
> 07:17:53 2004 UTC).

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270