Re: Sound problem.

Hello

Felixk Karpfen (<felixk@webone.com.au>) wrote:
> On 2004-12-16, Andreas Janssen <andreas.janssen@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you found out which driver you need, add a line:
>>
>> alias sound-slot-0 modulename *****
>>
>> to /etc/modutils/aliases or you own file in /etc/modutils, and run
>> update-modules.
>
> [...]
> On my box, the driver is recognised and loaded at boot. But it may
> need configuration tweaks.  So my question remains and has just
> received an added dimension  - namely, the suggested entry is absent.
>
> So where do I look for the needed information for the name of the
> module.

If it is a sound card and ALSA drivers are installed, run lsmod and look
for modules beginning with snd. Also run lspci (if it is a PCI device).
The name of the device/chip often also is part of the driver name. And
of course, use Google Groups and the list archive at lists.debian.org.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270