Re: visual c++ equivalent

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 05:13:28PM -0500, H. S. wrote:

> However, I believe that the GUI that MS has given to the masses has
> played a very beneficial role in the GUI development in Unix/Linux
> world.

To credit Microsoft with this is unfortunate and incorrect.

Credit Apple with bringing the GUI to the desktop. They released the Lisa
in 1983, and then the Macintosh 128K in 1984, which was immediately popular.
Microsoft release Windows 1.0 near the end of 1985. Windows did not become
popular until version 3.1, which was released in October of *1992*.

--
Mason Loring Bliss    mason@blisses.org          Ewige Blumenkraft!
http://blisses.org/   awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;