Re: visual c++ equivalent

Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
User Micha Feigin wrote::

And if you are interested even Microsoft themselves don't use visual. The whole tool chain for windows is command line (I think it is proprietary though).

Yeah, right, but Microsoft thinks that people/developers
are idiots and will use mouse-clicks as the best
computer usage, so Microsoft does not provide us
with a minimal set of features in its command line like
i.e. words completion.
Microsoft gives us terrible command line and forces us
to use "stupid" and slow mouse clicks ;-)))

"Don't regret and use command line!!!" ;-)))

Greets

However, I believe that the GUI that MS has given to the masses has played a very beneficial role in the GUI development in Unix/Linux world. Without demand for GUI applications, sys admins would still be bullying poor normal users into using cmd line tools *only* without giving them GUI *options*.

Although I do not use Windows, but I believe the two good things it has done are a) make a GUI so ubiquitous (and in a way increase the GUI demand in Linux world) and b) it's office suit. However, due to some wrong decisions (or compromises) it has also made MS Windows insecure. And what about it's licencing policy and cost? I better not even go there.

(ah shucks, I might have started a flame war now)

->HS