Re: how does mutt send?

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 11:03:29AM +0100, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 12:52:08AM +0000, Richard Lyons wrote:
> > Right: that unknits it.  If I can just get the formulation right for
> > saving my copy to the imap server, rather than locally, then I think I
> > can concentrate on the next problem (for another thread!).
> >
> > Thanks for your guidance.  I believe this will arrive!
>
> Yes, it does. Good. :)
>
> If you haven't already you should probably set the folder variable
> correctly. This defines what `=' or I think `+' refers to, so it
> determines where `=Sent' is located. I have:
>
> set folder=imaps://maurits@mail.vanrees.org/INBOX.
>
> Then `=Sent' will point to
> `imaps://maurits@mail.vanrees.org/INBOX.Sent'.

In the end, I had to use the following:

  set spoolfile=imap://richard@the-place.net/ # default,
  set folder=imap://richard@the-place.net/  # '=' refers to this
  set record="=INBOX.Sent"
  mailboxes = "INBOX"

This may be wrong, but it seems to work.  If I add INBOX to folder, then
when I try to navigate back to the inbox from elsewhere, and [tab] on
the IMAP item in the list it offers me imap:.....place.net/INBOX/INBOX
which is to say it appends {'/' . $mailboxes} to $folder.  That means that
even if I make $mailboxes null, I still get the extra '/' and cannot
open the inbox.  The way I did it, I can both navigate back to INBOX and
save copies of sent mail to Sent.  It is not congruent with any
instructions I have seen anywhere else, but it works for me.

Thanks to all who helped me get thus far.

--
richard