Re: how does mutt send?

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 12:52:08AM +0000, Richard Lyons wrote:
> Right: that unknits it.  If I can just get the formulation right for
> saving my copy to the imap server, rather than locally, then I think I
> can concentrate on the next problem (for another thread!).
>
> Thanks for your guidance.  I believe this will arrive!

Yes, it does. Good. :)

If you haven't already you should probably set the folder variable
correctly. This defines what `=' or I think `+' refers to, so it
determines where `=Sent' is located. I have:

set folder=imaps://maurits@mail.vanrees.org/INBOX.

Then `=Sent' will point to
`imaps://maurits@mail.vanrees.org/INBOX.Sent'.

I think you have to be logged into the IMAP server before this takes
any effect. At least when I type `mutt debian-user@lists.debian.org'
to start typing a message directly without logging into the imap
server first the `=Sent' points to some local folder.

HTH,

"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill