Re: how does mutt send?

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 01:38:22AM +0100, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:56:31PM -0000, richard@the-place.net wrote:
> > No, it didn't.  There is a message before "Sending message..." saying
> > "Create Sent Y/n".  Sent does exist on the imap server, but perhaps not
> > in the right place.  Maybe this is the snag.
>
> Having a Sent folder is fine. A second Sent folder should not be
> necessary, but can't really hurt.  Did you reply with `Y' on this
> question?  Did it give an error?

No error message, no.

[...]
> > I tried altering it to say
> >    set record="sent-mail"
>
> Make that:
> set record="=sent-mail"
> or
> set record="~/Mail/sent-mail"
> or something like that.

Oh, right, of course: "~/Maildir/sent-mail" in my case.

> You are getting this question about Sent when you are resuming the
> postponed message, am I right?

Oh -- I see...

>If so, then mutt remembers that this
> message was supposed to go into the Sent folder. Try pressing `f' -
> for Fcc, File Carbon Copy - to specify a different folder to save
> in. If it gives problems, leave it empty. You message then won't be
> saved, but should still get sent.
>
> Or start a fresh message and see if sent-mail comes up in the Fcc
> field.

Right: that unknits it.  If I can just get the formulation right for
saving my copy to the imap server, rather than locally, then I think I
can concentrate on the next problem (for another thread!).

Thanks for your guidance.  I believe this will arrive!

--
richard