Re: xprint - why?

On Tue 23 November 2004 19:34, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net> writes:
> >
> > There was a long thread about this a few months back.  After
> > reading it and the bug reports the only technical reason that I
> > read was that xprt did a better job printing glyphs from other
> > languages than the FF/Moz default PS engine.  After that it seemed
> > to be mostly an anti-north american bias by the Firefox maintainer.
> >  I don't wish to start a flame war, but that was my impression
> > after reading the whole thing.
>
> Err, the mozilla-firefox maintainer is Canadian, so I doubt his
> "anti-north american bias" is very strong.  ;)

That's what I was thinking as well. He is located in Montreal however,
so being able to print accented characters is probably more than a
passing interest to him.

I just wish I could pass print jobs off to kprinter directly and not
have to bother with Mozilla's annoying print system. Then again, I
mainly use Konq now and that's all I use to print.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

Noone isn't no one