Re: xprint - why?

* Jacob S <stormspotter@6Texans.net> [2004 Nov 23 16:27 -0600]:

> Actually, that's not true. "apt-cache show mozilla-firefox" reveals that
> xprt is now only in the recommended line, instead of the Depends line.
> In mozilla-browser it's in the Suggests line. I have been following the
> latest Mozilla browser in Sarge while keeping xprt and friends
> uninstalled. Works great, no special tricks necessary.

Okay, fair enough.  However, I decided against using the Debian
packages since they are at least 25% or so larger than the Mozilla.org
tarballs which is a consideration on a dial-up line.  I would have
thought that, if anything, the debs would have been smaller due to
dynamic linking to GTK 2.4.  Maybe my assumption that the Mozilla.org
builds are statically linked is incorrect.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"