Re: Telnetd

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 22:12 +0000, joebosak@uku.co.uk wrote:
> I have telnetd installed, and my debian machine is on a network with Windows
> and Mac machines.  IP addresses are set up, I can ftp back and forth etc.
>
> But when I try to telnet from my Windoze machine to the debian one, I get
> almost immediate disconnection - it doesn't really seem to log on at all.  I
> think I just have default settings, so any idea how to fix this?

What happens when you
$ telnet localhost

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"We have heard much of the phrase, ''peace and friendship.'' This
phrase, in expressing the aspiration of America, is not complete.
We should say instead, ''peace and friendship, in freedom.''
This, I think, is America's real message to the rest of the
world."
Dwight D Eisenhower