Re: xprint - why?

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:41:32 -0600
Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net> wrote:

> * Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> [2004 Nov 23 06:12 -0600]:
> > Anyway, if someone could explain or point me to a document or thread
> > (which I couldn't find) that explains why we need xprint, how it
> > fits in, and what programs it replaces, I'd appreciate it.
> >
> > I'm probably not alone ;-).
<snip>
> Since they still depend on xprt I've continued to use the
> mozilla.org packages.
<snip>

Actually, that's not true. "apt-cache show mozilla-firefox" reveals that
xprt is now only in the recommended line, instead of the Depends line.
In mozilla-browser it's in the Suggests line. I have been following the
latest Mozilla browser in Sarge while keeping xprt and friends
uninstalled. Works great, no special tricks necessary.

Jacob