Re: xprint - why?

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:28:40 +0100
Martin Lorenz <martin@lorenz.eu.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:01:21AM -0600, Jacob S wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:17:29 -0500
> > Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net> wrote:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > Printing has been working great in Mozilla-browser and galeon for
> > me, as well. No complaints at all.
> >
> > I'm running Sarge, btw.
>
> did you (or anyone else) experience problems when printing pages which
> contain non-latin-1 characters like this one:
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma%C3%9Ftheorie
>
> i installed xprint only because i diden't get the greek font on my
> printout otherwise but it broke printing in some really odd manner.
> now galeon (which is my primary browser) refuses to print more than
> the first page.

hmm... I can't read the page, but it seemed to print fine for me in both
Firefox (1.0 from Mozilla.org) and Mozilla-browser (1.7.3-5 from Sarge).
I didn't see any distorted characters and it printed a total of three
pages, though the third was just the notice about the GNU Free
Documentation License.

Both prints were done using the Postscript/default option, not xprt.

Unfortunately I don't know what packages I have installed that would
affect this, since I rarely use anything other than English characters
in my e-mail and web browsing.

HTH,
Jacob