Re: drivers for Intel ethernet card

linux <linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk> writes:

> But without an internet connection on said computer (unless i boot it
> into WinXP) how can I get the driver/module and load on to it? eg is
> it poss to d/load this separately?

You could.  http://packages.dell.org - search for kernel-image (woody).

If you want to reinstall, Try using the dell debian images.  They have
E1000 drivers on them -- I've used them for a couple of servers (1 dell,
1 non-dell) that had the E1000 chipset.

http://linux.dell.com/distributions.shtml (Look for the debian section).

You could also use the sarge installer, they're there by default.

--
Douglas G. Phillips
Distributed Computing         Information Technology Services