Re: drivers for Intel ethernet card

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 07:32:01PM +0000, linux wrote:
> But without an internet connection on said computer (unless i boot it into
> WinXP) how can I get the driver/module and load on to it? eg is it poss to
> d/load this separately?

You have two options:

* Install a PCI NIC if you have one and use it temporairly

* Use a different computer and transfer via CD

In my case, I downloaded the debs (there ended up being about 8-10 IIRC)
and burned them onto CD.  On the new server, I did:

# dpkg -i *.deb

checked my lilo config, and rebooted.  Everything seemed to work ok
after I loaded the module.

Jeremy