Re: drivers for Intel ethernet card -> initrd

I've got a more recent kernel from backports and am currently struggling
to install that. When I dun `dpkg -i <kernel.deb` it complained about
missing `mkinitrd` and no "initrd" in my LILO. I've used `apt-get` to sort
out the first issue but not sure what value to give "initrd=" in my
LILO... presumably the current kernel image (vmlinuz-2.4.18-bf2.4)?

I am beginning to wonder whether just going to 'sarge', even for this
server, might be the best route after all...

Cheers, Michael