Re: Playing ogg files

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:46:16AM +0100, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Just for the sake of it, check if some friend pulled a practical joke
> by installing an alias for ogg123. :) Something is wrong if `alias
> ogg123' gives you something like this:

I wish :(  Only other person with physical access to the machine is my
wife (who uses linux as little as possible).  Just to check:

jrennie@desk:~$ alias ogg123
-bash: alias: ogg123: not found

I have a laptop with basically the same configuration as my desktop
(also Debian Sarge, nearly identical set of packages).  It plays the
ogg files without trouble.  I checked the version number of
vorbis-tools and all the packages that vorbis-tools depends on.
They're identical!

I'm running 2.4.27-1-686 on both machines.  Only possibility I can
think of is that the sound card on my desktop is flaky...  could a
flaky sound card cause this problem?

Thanks,

Jason