Re: [solved] Re: mounting iPod with USB

Nori Heikkinen wrote:
/dev/sda      /mnt/ipod     hfsplus rw,user,noauto,noatime  0 0

), /var/log/syslog gives the error:

Sep 27 16:12:48 homeruns kernel: HFS+-fs warning: Filesystem was not
cleanly unmounted, running fsck.hfsplus is recommended.  mounting
read-only.

and then it mounts it read-only, like it says.

can't you force it to remount rw? That can often be one with regular HDs. Why don't you run fsck on it? is there no fsck.hfsplus? apt-file didn't find it...

there is a way to set the number of mounts after which it requires fsck, can't you set it to higher number?

for regular HDs I see different message if they exceed the mount count (it says something to that effect), maybe your iPod really was unmounted improperly.

homeruns:~# hpmount /dev/sda /mnt/ipod
hpmount: /dev/sda: Neither Wrapper nor native HFS+ volume header found
(Unknown error 4294967295)

which is just wack, afaict, seeing as it was mounting happily with
`mount -t hfsplus` up until 32 mounts (and still does, just r-o).

why are you mounting sda? generally you don't mount the disk but a partition (that has a filesystem), on my iPod (bought august 2003) the sda3 is the one to mount. I use firewire but that shouldn't make any difference.

	erik