Re: Missing /proc/scsi files...?

At 13:50 28/09/2004, you wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on with /proc/scsi/* in 2.6.8...?

I'm trying to run the 3ware disc management daemon on my 9500 (3dm2), which fails because it can't find /proc/scsi/3w-9xxx. In /proc/scsi I only have scsi and device_info...

I'm currently running the 2.6.8-5 from testing. I've had a gander through the changelog, but can't see very much related to possible errors in /proc/scsi.

Does anyone know why the new 3ware driver doesn't get the files created in /proc under 2.6.8? Legacy /proc/scsi support is enabled (built into) in the 2.6 kernel config. Lots of googling has revealed naff-all information (since the 9500's are brand new cards, and few people seem interested in using 3dm anyway), and obviously 3ware are rather reticent to give me the time of day since I'm running an unsupported platform. Also, the 3dm tools for Linux are closed source (grr) so I can't do much haXx0ring about in there either.

If anyone has any ideas what is going on and whether or not it's fixable, I'd love to hear it!

<snip>

Solved, sorta. 3ware have put up a beta version of 3dm2 which works with the inbuilt driver of 2.6.8.1. I used the install script to create the config file, ran 3dm2 from the CLI, and bingo I could connect via an SSH tunnel and actually do stuff this time.

One of those rare occurrences where the drivers works well before the application ;) Although I can't get the email notification to work (user@localhost). Will post back with more info as and when, and I'll see if I can hack an init script or something together.