Re: nvidia drivers

mk2@nerdshack.com wrote:
On Monday 23 August 2004 06:13 am, Tom Allison wrote:

OK, I tried to install the nvidia kernel headers and such with a stock
debian kernel.  I didn't see any errors through any of the steps,
however I keep getting failure when I now start X.  IIRC the packages
where nvidia-kernel and variou headers and such.  The list of the
specific packages isn't available right now since I've shut things down...

nv? in my machine there's one also : Elsa nvidia Geforce MX440 64M. I install Debian Woody 3.0 r2 + xfree86-4.3-JoeyHess (about 150MB) + copy XF86Config-4 from Knoppix 3.4 LiveCD (edited some lines). X run OK.

I was able to install by doing:
apt-get kernel-headers...
and then running the NVIDIA package they provide on their website.

I don't know, but the kernel-source may be necessary, but I doubt it. I have it installed, that's why I mention it.