Re: Rant about installer features (Re: Progeny)

Joey Hess wrote:
> FWIW, repeatedly whining and harping on features that you want is really
> not a very efficient motivator for volenteers. I suppose we'll get NTFS
> resize and software raid on root support when someone feels the need to
> ad them, and has the guts to go code something.

I started asking these questions on debian-boot, where all the
developers and bug tracking system reports hang out, and i was
repeatedly ignored.  I started hacking on mkinitrd, and i think i made
some progress, but without some direction from the senior Debian
developers, it's a bit pointless.

I thought i did the right thing, with clear descriptions of the problem
and my hardware (see, e.g.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/07/msg02914.html), but it still
wasn't enough to get anyone to even respond.  Point me in the right
direction, and i'm happy to hack.

And i'm not the only one to have this issue:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/04/msg00996.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/07/msg00418.html

--
Paul