Re: Progeny

michael.sherman@og.ge.com wrote:
> Is anyone here using Progeny?
>
> If yes how does it compare to Sarge. I know the installer is easy.
> How's the usability out of the box? Sarge is pretty nice and fast but it
> takes a while to set it up (for me at least). Will it be free (money-wise)?
> What kernel(s) will it include?

I tried it as an easy way of getting Sarge installed.  It looks pretty
good, but it didn't detect my SATA drives for some reason, and the GUI
hung when it found some config files that were modified and VC4 started
asking about them.  It looks like a good possibility for us Red Hat
refugees, though.

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>