Re: Bogus reply-to

On Aug 09, 11:16, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2004-08-09, Jim Bailey penned:
> >
> > I use mutt, if I press 'r' to reply I get offered the following
> > address
> >
> > Reply to user@localhost.pauken.co.uk? ([yes]/no):
> >
> > If I refuse I get offered your bounce address, neither of which are
> > good options.
>
> What do you mean by my bounce address?  If you mean the address in the
> "From" field, that's a legit address and will route to me.

Ok now I know but with spam prepending the domain I figured it was bound
for somewhere unpleasant via procmail.

> > If I press 'g' to reply I get the list, which sort of makes sense but
> > is not particularily intuitive IMHO.
>
> What if you press 'L' for list-reply?

No mailing lists found!

Not an option I have configured in my .muttrc and 63 include files maybe
tomorrow I will get around it.  ;)

I really do feel that there should be a rfc for listservers and their
behavior.  They are a very public part of the internet and sensible
standards that we could all then ignore are a must. ;)

Peace Jim

--
keys:  http://freesolutions.net/jim/pubkey.asc

 You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today
 -- Abraham Lincoln